Polygraph Examination Warrant In Michigan
In People v. Rocha, 110 Mich App 1, 8-9; 312 NW2d 657 (1981), the Court set forth several factors to consider in determining whether a reference to a polygraph examination warrants reversal:
(1) whether the defendant objected and/or sought a cautionary instruction;
(2) whether the reference was inadvertent;
(3) whether there were repeated references;
(4) whether the reference was an attempt to bolster a witness's credibility;
(5) whether the results of the test were admitted rather than merely the fact that a test had been conducted.